Blog #12
The big thing of the 21st Century is technology. It's known for making our life easier. We have an infinite amount of information at our fingertips online, drive-thru food, banking, pharmacy, and of course, the best of them all, drive-thru coffee. It seems like technology has taken over our lives. Its newest addition is computer charting in healthcare. Created to reduce mistakes and promote better patient care, it seems as if the early part of this transition is more frustrating than originally thought to be. It has been a little over a month since computer charting entered my life and to this day I still find it a bit challenging. The idea is to chart everything and in the correct place but you cannot overchart. This is very difficult not to do since there are so many options and when you do chart something, it appears in 10 different places even though you only charted that information once. So then you begin to wonder, is this overcharting or is this normal? And then begins the struggle of knowing exactly what to chart. Experienced nurses seem to be having no problem with it. I'm definitely looking forward to that day when computer charting will not be challenging, so that I can focus more on my patient and worry less about where to chart my assessment. Despite its struggles, I love technology because it makes learning, communicating, and transferring information easier and at a much faster rate. We no longer need a horse and a buggy to take a letter to our loved ones that will take months to arrive. Now we just need a phone and a number and communication across the world can occur within seconds. I love this era and its advances in technology!!! Thank you Jesus for technology!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment