Wednesday, October 14, 2009

"Called to be a Nurse"

Blog #5

I've been thinking about life and my calling.

The other day I was reading Jeremiah 1:5 where it says, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you..." These words really spoke to me and revealed the numerous ways that God has been working in my life to carry out His perfect plan which He prepared for me way before I even arrived onto this earth. God brought me from the dirty streets of Ukraine to an amazing country of freedom to be equipped with the knowledge so that I could serve Him as a nurse in third world countries. If I were still in Ukraine today, I wouldn't have an education but be working in the fields struggling to provide food for my family. But I am here in the blessed USA getting ready for the most exciting moment of my life, living out His perfect plan.

I feel so blessed. I have a car, a beautiful family, wonderful air-conditioned home, spectacular education, more than enough food, volumes of clothing, a great job... I realized that I don't have anything to complain about. I have WAY MORE THAN ENOUGH. I feel truly blessed and undeserving to have so many things and I have realized that the least I could is give my life to whatever God wants me to do in thanks for all the amazing things that He has blessed me with. I have seen God at work in my life and in my heart and I'm so grateful for all the He has done for me. I am excited to see what else God has in store for me and what the rest of His plan looks like. Even if His plan for my life is to live in a third world country, I am ready to do it with joy, because with God everything is always better. There is nothing better than living in the will of God no matter what the circumstance.

No comments:

Post a Comment