Sunday, October 25, 2009

Clinicals: Round 1

Blog #6

We have just finished our first round of clinicals. It was such a wonderful and rewarding experience. I learned so much more than I ever expected to. With each new day, I gained more and more experience and began to be more proficient at the most fundamental nursing skills. However, the biggest lesson came from the residents themselves. As I heard their life stories and watched them in their current state, my eyes were opened to the true reality that one day it will be all over and we will in fact depart this spectacular planet called earth. I realized that one day I will be in the exact same position with my own stories to tell. What a weird feeling it is to be thinking such thoughts at 19 years of age. But it's true, our days won't last forever, that's why it's so important to make memories that will last forever for generations to come; to enjoy every moment of life, even the frustrating moments of nursing school, because one day those will be memories that I will tell my kids about...

No comments:

Post a Comment